Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 64

Thread: DLR to replace Howard Stern

  1. #51
    Inactive Member Lenni's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    619
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ian, I agree without good roadcrew, you cannot get to the bar after a gig with no worries.
    I can remember Johnny's baptism as a roadie, we had just finished a gig and I introduced JB to the band and said Johnny is gonna help us out, they said OK to which JB picks up a Marshall cab, drops it (cos he had had a few) and knocks over three other cabs (domino style), the last one hits a woman and we think she broke her leg, anyway we fucked off before the ambulance arrived.

    He got the job.

  2. #52
    Inactive Member Sandy-Hazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    1,156
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Holy fuck those last 5 or so posts were damn funny!.....

    I've got a busy night ahead of me, First I'm off to bang Olive and then over to Mrs Mills house for a night of fold searching.

    <font color="#FF0000" size="1">[ July 14, 2005 10:36 AM: Message edited by: Hazardous ]</font>

  3. #53
    Inactive Member Johnny B's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    515
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You may get a nasty suprise when you get round to Olives pad, they don't call her the strap on queen for no reason.


    TERRY AND JUNE WERE SWINGERS

  4. #54
    Inactive Member Ian Rich Rags's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 21st, 2005
    Posts
    1,004
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I can certainly vouch for Olives bedroom athletics.
    As for Johnny B's dexterity road crew, I could write a whole thread on that.

    Post Show in the dressing room.
    Stu (in no uncertain terms) "Where the fuck where you Johnny? I bust a string and needed you to pass me the Strat'

    Johnny,(trying not to laugh)Sorry Stu, I reckonned I'd get a better view of the stage from the bar. Anyway those lights where making my hair frizz. I've got a lot of things to consider Stu"
    However, men like Johnny are kings in other vital areas of touring. Like discovering that you could gain access to Bogiez cellar via the service lift used to load the gear in. I think 42 cases of Stella was the record. There was so much we couldn't get all the gear back in the bus. Even the bass drum was full of cans of Stella

    <font color="#FF0000" size="1">[ July 15, 2005 03:29 AM: Message edited by: IH Rich Rags ]</font>

  5. #55
    Inactive Member Johnny B's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    515
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was responsible for probably one of your best spectacles, before the show at Camden underworld you asked me to place your liquid refreshment on stage (a task well beneath my stature) which I duly did, you ran on kicked it over and there you go Rich Rags on ice, I got some hard stares that night

    THE CLANGERS CAME TO ME IN A DREAM AND TOLD ME THE SOUP DRAGON WAS BACK ON THE CHARLIE

  6. #56
    Inactive Member Ian Rich Rags's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 21st, 2005
    Posts
    1,004
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    When you put that in perspective with the whole of that day, it was the least of our problems.
    Oh yeah 42 cases of Stella and Stu took ten and a half cases (Fnar. Bet he's still got 8 (hee hee)

    <font color="#FF0000"><font size="1">[ July 15, 2005 04:35 AM: Message edited by: IH Rich Rags ]</font></font>

    <font color="#FF0000" size="1">[ July 15, 2005 04:36 AM: Message edited by: IH Rich Rags ]</font>

  7. #57
    Inactive Member Lenni's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    619
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Are we talking Huddersfield Bogeys here, cos I remember a bit of a Stella fest in very similar circumstances.


    Tastes better when it's free

  8. #58
    Inactive Member Ian Rich Rags's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 21st, 2005
    Posts
    1,004
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You may very well think that but I could not possibly comment. Other than to remind you of how you loaded in. Jeesus do you remember that chick who worked there Lenni? 6.5, built like a mud wrestler and always wore dominatrix gear?
    I just remembered. That was your first gig with the Ragz wasnt it?

  9. #59
    Inactive Member Lenni's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    619
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Boy do I remember her, Olive has nothing on that chick, she was mean.
    No it wasn't my first gig with RR, the first one was at Hull Sherlock Holmes when I had been doing sneaky rehearsals that weekend and got discovered on the Saturday night by previous drummer, so we rehearsed all day Sunday and I got chucked in at the deep end on the Monday night, caused a bit of a stir if I remember.

  10. #60
    Inactive Member Ian Rich Rags's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 21st, 2005
    Posts
    1,004
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ah yes, i remeber the incident very clearly. I remember Stu's masterly diplomacy upon soon to be departing drummer ringing up , having discovered newly arrived drummers kit in his spot. Tough Shit!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •